With pancake day just around the corner I thought I’d better share my super simple but super scrumptious gluten free pancake recipe with you all as it would be selfish of me to keep this one to myself. They’re so good, you’ll be wanting to make these all year round.
- 155g gluten free self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 2 large free range eggs
- 180ml unsweetened almond milk
- A little oil for frying – I use half a teaspoon of coconut oil in total.
- Toppings of choice
- Combine the flour, bicarb and sugar in a bowl, crack in the eggs and add the almond milk. Whisk together or beat with a wooden spoon until you have a smooth runny batter.
- Add a tiny amount of oil to a frying pan over a medium heat (you really don’t need much, you just want a few beads of oil on the pan). Add a generous spoonful of the batter so it spreads out to about a 10cm round and wait a minute until bubbles start to form on the top before flipping over to cook on the other side for another minute.
- Set aside on a warm plate and repeat step 2 until all the batter has been used – it should make between 6 and 8 pancakes and is enough for 2 generous servings.
- Serve piled high with your favourite toppings. We like ours as a sharing plate topped with a handful of frozen blueberries that we heat up in a saucepan with a teaspoon of honey until warmed through, then get two forks and dive in to the one giant pancake stack from either side! Enjoy 🥞😋