I made these yesterday and put them up on my Instagram stories and quite a few people messaged me saying they’d love the recipe, so here it is…..
- 250g Gluten Free Self Raising Flour
- 200g Light Brown Soft Sugar
- 180g Butter
- 50g Gluten Free Porridge Oats
- 100g Desiccated Coconut
- 3 Large Eggs
- 250g Frozen Blackberries
- Pre-heat your oven to 180.c.
- In a large bowl add the flour, oats and sugar and rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the coconut and stir in gently to evenly distribute it.
- Measure out 125g of this crumble mixture in to a separate bowl and set aside as you’ll need this for sprinkling on top.
- To the rest of the mixture add the eggs and mix with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Pour this cake mixture into a pre-lined 20x20cm baking tin and spread out evenly.
- Add the blackberries in an even layer over the cake mixture.
- Sprinkle the set aside crumble mixture on top of the blackberries.
- Bake in your pre-heated oven on the middle shelf for 1 hour.
- Take out the tin and leave to cool slightly on a wire rack before cutting into 9 squares.
- Perfect served warm with custard or allow them to cool completely and eat just as you would a slice of cake! Enjoy 🍰