I’ve been trying to perfect this recipe since New Years Day and finally stumbled on the ultimate combination earlier this week. So here it is, my gluten free carrot cake porridge recipe which is nutritious and delicious and will make you think you’re eating cake for breakfast! This amount serves 2 generous portions and if you’re making it just for yourself, it’s equally as good cold the day after like a bircher muesli.
- 100g gluten free porridge oats
- 200ml almond milk
- 100ml orange juice
- 200ml water
- Half a teaspoon of cinnamon
- Half a teaspoon of ground ginger
- 100g sultanas
- 1 grated carrot
- 2 teaspoons of mixed seeds
- Zest from 1 orange
- Put the oats, almond milk, orange juice, water, cinnamon, ground ginger, sultanas and most of the carrot in a saucepan over a medium-low heat. Simmer for around 5 minutes stirring frequently until the porridge is thick and creamy.
- To serve, divide in to two bowls and sprinkle over the remainder of the grated carrot, seeds and orange zest. Simple but delicious. Enjoy…