Firstly I have to apologise for this recipe being late. I said on my Instagram Account that it would be up on Friday but life took over and i’ve only just had the chance to write it up now. I promise it’s well worth the wait though! Gooey banoffee pie meets chocoholic heaven and with a homemade gluten free biscuit base it’s a show stopper that i’m sure even Mary Berry would be proud of! Here it is….
Biscuit Base Ingredients:-
- 100g Gluten Free Plain Flour
- 100g Ground Almonds
- 60g Dark Muscovado Sugar
- 65g Salted Butter + an extra 70g for melting
- 1/2 teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
Caramel Layer Ingredients
- 3 Bananas
- 1 x 397g tin of Condensed Milk
- 165g Dark Chocolate, broken into chunks
Cream Layer Ingredients:-
- 300ml Double Cream
- Dark Chocolate for grating on top
- Pre-heat the oven to 180.c.
- For the base, put the flour, ground almonds, bicarbonate of soda and sugar into a bowl and mix until well combined. Rub in 65g of the butter using your finger tips until you have a bread crumb consistency. Spread out onto a baking tray and bake in the oven for 20 minutes, stirring half way through, and then leave to cool.
- Melt the remaining 70g of butter in a saucepan and add the cooled biscuit crumbs, stirring until well combined. Spoon the mixture into a 20cm springform cake tin and press down with the back of a spoon so its well compressed. Chill in the fridge for at least an hour before moving onto step 4.
- For the caramel, combine the condensed milk and chocolate chunks in a non-stick pan. Over a low-medium heat bring the caramel and chocolate mixture to a boil, stirring constantly until the caramel has thickened, this should take around 4 minutes, take off the heat and leave to cool slightly whilst you slice the banana and place on top of the biscuit base. Pour the hot chocolate caramel over the banana and chill in the fridge for at least an hour before moving onto step 5.
- For the cream layer, whisk the double cream until thick and spoon over the chocolate caramel layer. Grate some chocolate over the top and then place back in the fridge to chill for at least an hour.
- When you’re ready to serve, run a knife around the sides of the springform pan before taking out of the pan and slicing into 10 generous portions. Enjoy…