The lovely people at Nutri-Brex contacted me a few weeks ago saying they loved my blog and were really interested to see what I could make out of their 5 ways granola. I was of course delighted to hear from them and couldn’t wait to get cracking in the kitchen when my goodie box arrived! I’m really pleased with how these Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Refined Sugar Free Breakfast Bars have turned out using their Honey, Almonds & Seeds 5 Ways Granola. To show you just how easy these are to make, i’ve filmed a short recipe video which you can watch on my Instagram and would love it if you checked it out. Here’s the recipe…
- 250g madjool dates, pitted (pitted weight)
- 300ml water
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 300g Nutri-Brex Honey, Almonds & Seeds 5 Ways Granola
- 50g chia seeds
- 100g dried cranberries
- Pre-heat the oven to 180.c and line a 20cm square tin with baking paper.
- Add the dates, water and cinnamon to a pan, bringing to the boil and then simmering for around 5 minutes, stirring frequently until it’s thickened into a rustic puree. P.S. the smell is amazing!
- Place the puree into a bowl and add the Nutri-Brex, chia seeds and cranberries and stir until everything is well combined.
- Put the mixture into your pre-prepared tin and press down so it’s well compressed.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until firm and golden on top.
- Once cool, remove from the tin and cut into 9 squares.
They’re delicious as is, but if you prefer something slightly sweeter you can slice into two like a scone and top with your favourite jam. Thank you Nutri-Brex, I absolutely adore your 5 Ways Granola, although strictly speaking its 6 ways granola as you can add Baking to the list! xxx