Looking for some meat free Monday meal inspiration? Well look no further, these gluten free and dairy free vegetarian falafels are easy to make and are delicious hot or cold. You can also stop by my You Tube Channel or Instagram to watch a 30 seconds video of me making these if you want to see how easy they really are!
- 400g can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 100g frozen baby broad beans, thawed
- 50g gram flour
- Approx 100g red onion, chopped
- A handful of chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 egg
- Sea salt for seasoning
- A glug of olive oil for frying
- Salad stuff to serve
- In a food processor blend the chickpeas, broad beans, parsley, onion, gram flour, spices, salt and egg until almost smooth.
- Heat a glug of olive oil in a frying pan and shallow fry spoonfuls of the mixture in batches until browned on each side and cooked through – approximately 3 minutes each side over a medium heat.
- Serve hot or cold alongside salad or stuff them into a GF pitta or wrap – yum.