This week is officially product review week where I will be treating you all to a gluten free product review Every Single Day!
I am kicking off the reviews with BFree Foods who sent me an amazing hamper packed full of gluten free goodies after winning their #bfreefoodie prize and making it into their Hall of Fame for my Taco Tuesday recipe using their gluten free wraps.
Those of you who also follow me on Instagram will already have seen how chuffed I was and some of the delicious meals i’ve been making with the hamper of goodies I received.
I have been a big fan of BFree Foods since I first laid my hands on their BFree Food Fajita Kit a few years ago. I remember jumping for joy when I found it in the free from aisle of my local Tesco. Fajitas (or fat rita’s as they are called in my house – don’t ask!) were my go to Friday night treat before going gluten free over 10 years ago. Since then I have become a regular customer and always buy their gluten free pittas and at least one of their 3 wrap types with my weekly shop.
All of their products are gluten free, wheat free, dairy free, egg free, nut free, soy free and vegan, so suitable for just about everyone.
I thought I had tried all of their products, until I received their hamper of goodies and discovered their bagels and rolls. Oh my god, their bagels are so good, particularly the multiseed ones (see my glowing review below).
So in honour of Simply Be Gluten Free Product Review Week here is my review of the BFree Foods I have tasted and whole heartedly recommend:-
- Multi-seed Bagels – I am starting with my favourite! I am being 100% serious when I say these didn’t last 30 seconds after toasting them up and putting them out as part of a lunch spread I laid on for some friends. Crunchy on the outside and soft in the middle, everybody, including the non-freefromers loved them. I have tried to purchase some more online today, but they are currently out of stock. If BFree and all of their stockists are listening (yes I am talking to you Tesco and Asda) – please please please, start stocking these bagels, they are delicious!
- Stoned Baked Pitta Breads – Another product I love. I buy these and freeze them as you can pop them in the toaster straight from the freezer. They puff up like any respectable pitta should, and hold together well when you pack them full of all the good stuff. They are also great cut up into soldiers and dunked in boiled eggs or hummus. I also use them brushed with garlic butter as an alternative to naan bread with my curries.
- Oaty Loaf – This is their newest addition to their range and has become my No.1 shop bought gluten free brown bread. I love the texture the oats give this bread and it toasts perfectly straight from the freezer. It’s made with certified gluten free oats and as BFree say themselves is “the perfect alternative to a bowl of porridge”.
- Multigrain Wraps – The plain wraps that are also served in the fajita kit. These are a perfect replacement for wheat filled wraps, you just need to heat them for 10-15 seconds in the microwave before serving and they take on a softer more pliable texture. Perfect for lunchtime wraps as an alternative to sandwiches .
- Sweet Potato Wraps – A sweet flavoured wrap but without any added sugars, these are perfect served along side a big pan of curry or spicy shakshouka. They also make a quick and easy, albeit slightly thinner than usual, pizza base.
- Quinoa & Chia Seed Wraps with Teff & Flax Seeds – These are my favourite of the 3 wraps, they are packed with nutrients and fibre (4.8g per wrap) and have the highest protein content of all 3 wraps at 3.2g per wrap. As with the others, they are best served warm.
- Plain Bagels – Not quite as good as the multi-seed bagels (in my humble opinion) but still really good toasted and packed full of smoked salmon and cream cheese. I also made a couple into ‘egg in a hole’ for Sunday brunch which went down really well.
- Super Soft White Sandwich Rolls – These are like little hot dog rolls, soft and sub shaped. I piled mine high with a gluten free sausage and lots of onions, really nice. I don’t usually go for white breads, but who ever had a brown roll hot dog!? I think BFree are on to a winner with these.
- Fajita Kit – Ending my review with the first product I ever bought from their range. I love this kit! It comes with 6 of their multi-grain wraps, a sachet of seasoning mix and two sachets of salsa. You just need to add your fillings and Friday Night Fajitas are on the table in less than 20 minutes! The only thing I would say is that the mix and salsa are quite mild, and so I like to add some extra chilli to spice it up. But thats personal preference and easy to do.
I hope you find this review helpful. There are more gluten free product reviews coming this week so stay tuned!