The lovely people at KIND Snacks kindly sent me a box of their snack bars a few weeks ago to ‘find my favourite’. A few of my friends got wind of this via my Instagram account and wanted to get in on the act so i’ve had to wait patiently until today when we could all get together and be snack connoisseurs.
All the bars are gluten free and as KIND themselves say are made from “ingredients you can see and pronounce” with no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives. With the exception of the Caramel Almond & Sea Salt bar, they are also dairy free.
I cut each bar into four pieces and we scored them all on appearance, aroma, texture and taste.
It’s true what they say in that everybody has their own taste and preference, with three of the eight bars ranking personal favourites amongst the four of us. My personal preference also ranked combined highest so i’m taking that as a sign that I have the best taste buds! Hehe!
Here are our scores…drum roll please….
- Dark Chocolate & Cherry Cashew – My personal favourite – this bar is softer than a lot of them and with the addition of cherries, cranberries and raisins we all loved the sweetness of this bar. One of my friends also ranked this as her personal favourite too.
- Dark Chocolate Mocha Almond – Another friends personal favourite – we all loved the chocolate and coffee combination and thought this would be a perfect mid afternoon pick me up with a cup of coffee.
- Dark Chocolate Nuts & Sea Salt – Another friends personal favourite – this bar has just the right mix of sweet and saltiness and was only just pipped to the No.2 spot.
- Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate – This tastes just like chocolate covered peanuts in bar form. It bought back happy childhood memories as we were tasting this one.
- Almond & Coconut – We all liked the squidgy texture of this one – it was perfectly sweet and chewy and stood out as being quite different from the rest.
- Caramel Almond & Sea Salt – On first appearances I would have thought this would be my favourite as I love salted caramel. The taste and texture didn’t quite live up to the look and aroma though and we all agreed it would benefit from some dark chocolate being thrown into the mix (something for KIND to think about!?). It was my personal No.4 choice though so still up there!
- Maple Glazed Pecan & Sea Salt – This was sweet and salty but without the dark chocolate to balance it out, didn’t quite live up to the flavour combination of our bronze medal winner – the Dark Chocolate Nuts & Sea Salt bar.
- Madagascan Vanilla Almond – This bar found itself in last place as it just wasn’t as flavoursome as the others. You can’t please everybody all of the time and one of them had to be last after all.
In summary, I loved the bars and would have no hesitation in picking up a Dark Chocolate & Cherry Cashew bar in my local Tesco Express when I get the afternoon munchies at work! I hope you find this review helpful and have as much fun as I did ‘finding my favourite’.