This home made gluten free pizza is super simple to make and tastes delicious even if I do say so myself. The base has only 4 ingredients and is not only gluten free but also yeast free too – winner! The toppings are some of my favourites but you can mix and match to create your own. I’ve also shot a video of this recipe which is available on my instagram if you want to check it out – @simplybeglutenfree
Pizza Base Ingredients-
- 150g gluten free plain white flour (I used Doves Farm)
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten free baking powder (I used Doves Farm)
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 egg
Pizza Topping Ingredients:-
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 250g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 40g goats cheese
- Sprinkling of pecorino
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 220.c.
- Combine all the pizza base ingredients in a bowl, firstly mixing together with a metal spoon, then lightly kneading by hand until you have a smooth ball of dough.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and flatten the dough on to the baking paper until you’ve got a rustic 20cm round.
- Heat the oil in a non stick frying pan and cook the onions, mushrooms and spinach, stirring frequently until softened.
- Drain off any excess liquid and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top the base with the onion/mushroom/spinach mixture and scatter over the goats cheese and pecorino.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 25 minutes until cooked through and golden.
- Cut into 6 slices and if you’re like me and like to photograph your food – devour one whilst arranging the other 5 slices on the plate to make it look like you haven’t already pinched a slice! He he! Enjoy…..