This is a really easy but super delicious ‘all in one’ cake recipe and is perfect for a special occasion. I made this for a chocoholics birthday and even though they themselves do not need to be gluten free they loved it and said they wouldn’t have known it was gluten free if I hadn’t told them as it was so gooey and not grainy like some gluten free cakes they’ve tried in the past. So here you go, a chocolatey fudge cake that everyone can enjoy…
- 175g self-raising all purpose gluten free flour
- 25g cocoa or cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon of gluten free baking powder
- 175g muscocado sugar
- 175g softened butter
- 3 large free range eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 50g dark chocolate – melted
Fudge Frosting Ingredients:-
- 200g softened butter
- 200g icing sugar
- 200g dark chocolate – melted
Other Ingredients (optional):-
- Chocolate shavings and fudge pieces cut into small squares for decorating the top of the cake
- Pre-heat the oven to 180.c and line 2 x 20cm sandwich tins with baking parchment and butter the sides to stop the mixture sticking.
- Place all the cake ingredients into a food processor and mix until smooth, scraping down the sides and re-mixing until well combined.
- Divide the mixture between the two cake tins and bake in the oven for 30 minutes until cooked through and springy to touch. Leave for a couple of minutes and then turn out onto a wired rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile make the fudge frosting icing by placing all the ingredients into the cleaned food processor and mix until smooth, again scraping down the sides and re-mixing until well combined.
- Sandwich the two sponges together with around a 1/3 of the frosting, add a further 1/3 to the top and a 1/3 to the sides of the cakes, smoothing as best you can with a spatular until the entire cake is covered with fudge frosting.
- Decorate the cake with chocolate shavings and fudge pieces and the devour with your loved ones. This cake should serve 10.