Cappuccino or Cappucino – however you spell it – this coffee cake is seriously delicious!
- 175g unsalted butter
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 75g light brown muscovado sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 shot of espresso
- 200g of self-raising gluten-free flour (I used doves farm)
- 120g icing sugar
- 60g unsalted butter
- 50g mascarpone
- 1/2 shot espresso
- Chocolate for grating on top
- Pre-heat the oven to 180.C and line a 2 lb loaf tin with baking parchment.
- Mix the butter and sugars together using a hand-held whisk until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract and espresso and mix again until well combined.
- Add the eggs and flour and mix with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Put mixture into the loaf tin and bake in the centre of the oven for 45 minutes until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Put on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile make your topping by combining all the ingredients in a food processor to make a soft-set butter cream.
- Once the cake is completely cool top with the butter cream and grate over some chocolate to give that cappuccino finish.
This serves 8 generous slices (Or 10 if you’re being mean!).