I made this big batch of gluten free courgette fritters for breakfast with the specific idea that I would also make enough to have cold with hummus and babaganoush for tea as well. They taste delicious hot from the pan with a poached egg on top but are equally as tasty cold from the fridge and used to mop up your favourite dip. This recipe makes 12 fritters. Enjoy…
- 2 large courgettes
- 50g rice flour
- 2 eggs
- 50g parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A good glug of olive oil
- Grate the courgettes and press them between kitchen towels to remove the excess moisture. Place in a bowl, together with the rice flour and eggs. Grate in the parmesan cheese and season the mixture with salt and pepper. Mix it all up until well combined.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Place a tablespoon of mixture into the pan and flatten. Repeat with another 3 tablespoons so you’ve got 4 fritters on the go at once. Pan fry them for 2-3 mins, then turn them over and do the same on the other side, until they are golden brown.
- Transfer them to a plate whilst you repeat step 3 again until all your mixture is used up (note you may need to add a little more oil to the pan between batches).
- Serve hot with a poached egg on top, or keep them in the fridge and serve cold with dips like you would a pitta bread.