After all the indulgence yesterday, I really felt like something comforting yet healthy today. Courgette soup to the rescue! “What, courgette soup?” I here you say, but trust me this is delicious! With the addition of onion and garlic, this turns into a creamy pot of yumminess. Serves 4-6 depending on how big your bowls are! Enjoy…
- A good glug of olive oil (around a tablespoon)
- 2 white onions, roughly chopped.
- 1 large potato, peeled and roughly chopped into about 1cm cubes
- 3 large courgettes, quartered and roughly chopped.
- 3 large garlic cloves, crushed or sliced thinly.
- 1 litre of vegetable stock / bouillon (I used 4 teaspoons of Marigold Swiss Vegetable Bouillon powder made up to a litre with boiling water)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- A few sprigs of mint to garnish
- In a large pan, add the olive oil, onion and potato and fry gently on a low heat for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the garlic and courgette and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring to combine all the flavours and to ensure nothing sticks on the bottom of the pan.
- Add the stock, give the mixture a stir and then cover the pan, simmering for 10 minutes until everything is cooked through and tender.
- Leave to cool slightly, then puree the soup mixture with a stick blender until silky smooth.
- Add the lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and serve garnished with mint.