Hop hop hop happy Easter everybody! Now I know it’s a time for chocolate – that’s a given! But I also had a hankering for banana bread! So here it is…
- 5 small ripe bananas (4 mashed, 1 sliced down the middle to decorate the top)
- 250g gluten free plain flour (I used a mix of dove farms all purpose gluten free flour and rice flour)
- 2 and a half teaspoons of bicarbonate soda
- 1 and a half teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 180g light muscovado sugar
- 75g unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large free range eggs
- Slice of lemon
- Pre-heat the oven to 180.c and line a loaf tin with grease proof paper.
- In a large bowl, roughly mash 4 of the bananas, add the sugar, eggs and melted butter and beat together using an electric whisk.
- Sieve in the flour, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon and gently fold in.
- Pour the mixture into the pre-prepared tin.
- Slice the fifth banana in half and rub the cut side of each half with the slice of lemon to stop it browning, and arrange on top of the cake mix.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 60 minutes until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Leave to stand for 10 minutes in the loaf tin before taking out and standing on a wired rack to cool completely.
- Cut into 10 slices and enjoy with a cup of tea.