If you’re like me and love anything citrusy, you won’t be disappointed with this lemon drizzle cake!
- 175g unsalted butter
- 175g caster sugar
- 175g self raising gluten free flour (I use dove farms freeee)
- 3 eggs
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 100g of granulated sugar
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 180.c and line your loaf tin with baking parchment (I used loaf tin cases as I stumbled across a pack and it saves a lot of hassle crimping and creasing !)
- Cream together the butter and sugar using an electric whisk then add the eggs whisking them in well.
- Gently fold in the flour and lemon zest, mixing well with a spoon until fully combined.
- Spoon the cake batter into your prepared loaf tin and bake for approximately 45 minutes until golden on top and fully cooked through – until a knife or skewer comes out clean. Check after 30 minutes and if need be, cover with foil to stop it burning whilst the middle cooks through.
- Leave to cool in the cake tin on a cooling rack whilst you make the drizzle mixture.
- For the drizzle, mix the sugar, lemon juice and zest together. Pierce quite a few holes in the cake using a skewer or tooth pick, and pour the mixture over the cake whilst it’s still warm.
- Leave the cake to cool completely before removing from the tin and devouring with friends and family and a nice cup o’ tea! Enjoy x