The recipe for these bursting blueberry muffins comes courtesy of my lovely mum. She’s been baking a lot recently and these are one of my favourites so I managed to wangle the recipe from her at the weekend! Enjoy…..
Ingredients (to make 12 muffins):-
- 250g self-raising gluten free flour
- 150g caster sugar
- 75g gluten free oats
- 200g blueberries
- 2 medium eggs, lightly beaten
- 50ml oil (coconut or vegetable will do)
- 150ml almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 200.c and put 12 paper cases into a muffin tin.
- Put the flour, sugar, oats and blueberries in a large mixing bowl and make a well in the centre.
- In another bowl or jug mix the eggs, oil and milk together and then stir into the dry ingredients with a wooden spoon until combined but still a bit lumpy (mum says it’s important not to over beat and she knows best!).
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let the muffins cool for a minute or two in the tin, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- Once cool, enjoy on their own or with some blueberries on the side. They are great for breakfast, elevenses or afternoon tea!