Cake or crumble? Crumble or cake? You don’t have to choose with this wonderful recipe as you can have both! Enjoy..
- 175g butter
- 150g golden caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 200g gluten free all purpose plain flour
- 2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- 150ml plain yoghurt
- 4 eating apples, peeled, cored and chopped into bite size pieces.
- 150g blackberries
- 120g gluten free self-raising flour
- 80g butter
- 50g gluten free oats
- 50g flaked almonds
- 2 tablespoons of golden caster sugar
- Water as needed
- Pre-heat the oven to 180.c and grease a 20cm round cake tin and line the base with non-stick baking paper.
- For the cake, beat the butter and sugar together in a bowl until blended. Gradually beat in the eggs. Sift in the flour and baking powder and stir in with the yoghurt until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon the batter into the tin and place the apples and blackberries evenly on top.
- For the crumble, place the flour into a bowl and rub in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar and a drop of water so the mixture sticks together in small crumbs. Stir in the oats and almonds and sprinkle evenly over the fruit on the cake.
- Bake the whole thing in the over for approximately 45 minutes until the crumble is golden and the cake is cooked through. Cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then place on a wire rack to cool completely before cutting into 6-8 slices and devouring! Happy baking.